Protecting your personal data

As you may be aware, data protection law is changing from 25 May 2018. 

These changes affect how the Trustee of the Scheme uses and looks after the personal data we hold about you. They also give you additional rights in relation to your personal data.


What information we hold and what we do with it

The Trustee holds personal data which you have provided to them. They need this to be able to administer your benefits under the Scheme and pay your pension.

The Trustee (as “data controller” for data protection purposes) is required to look after your personal data in accordance with legal requirements. This means that they are responsible for deciding what personal information needs to be processed and the way in which that information is processed.

In processing your personal data, the Trustee may need to pass personal information about you, your dependants and other members and beneficiaries, to the Scheme’s administrators, auditors, legal advisers, insurers and such third parties as may be necessary for the purposes of administering the Scheme.


Where to find out more

Details of the personal data the Trustee holds, how they use that information and who they share it with are set out in the Trustee’s privacy notice. The privacy notice also sets out your rights in connection with the personal data held about you by the Trustee, and who to contact if you want to exercise those rights, make a complaint, or generally have any questions. 

The privacy notice is updated from time to time and you can see the current version by clicking here.

Alternatively, if you prefer to receive a hard copy of the notice, please contact Robert Harwood, the Secretary of the Trustees at:  


Keeping your information up-to-date

It is your responsibility to keep the Trustee up-to-date with any changes to your personal information, including your marital status, contact and bank details. Without this information, there may be delays in paying benefits to you or your dependants. To update your details please contact the scheme administrator(s) directly. If you are an employee of Telefónica please also notify ‘My HR’ of any changes. You can find the scheme administrator(s) and ‘My HRs’ contact details by clicking here.